Your Local, Caring Lilydale Psychologist
Psychology is the scientific study of the human mind and behaviour. Psychological counselling or ‘psychotherapy’ draws from evidence-based treatments that assist you to explore difficulties in emotions, behaviours or relationships that you may be experiencing and to support healing and change.
- Tailored to individual client need
- Compassion Focused Therapy
- Interpersonal Therapy
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Mindfulness and meditation training
- Brief, solution-focused
- Animal Assisted Therapy
Kat is a Registered Psychologist, practising in psychotherapy since 2006. Her style is authentic, warm and straightforward and she places great importance on making sure her clients feel heard and understood. Therapy is a very personal process, so Kat will work collaboratively with you to make the choices and changes that are right for you.
Mindfulness practices can be powerful promoters of healing and change, and Kat has a personal and professional interest in fostering mindful awareness. She also values the health and mood benefits of being in nature. A keen gardener and bush-walker herself, she loves to work with her clients outside – you might prefer walk-and-talk therapy, or to find somewhere quiet in nature to sit and chat.
Kat is also a mum to three primary-school aged children, which has given her lived experience of the challenges of pregnancy, and the joy and chaos of parenting! On this journey, she developed an interest in gentle parenting practices (from infancy onward) that are grounded in the latest research on early brain development.
Anxiety & Depression
Grief & Loss
Kat’s particular areas of interest to provide support and guidance include:
ADULTS – 18+
- Anxiety (general anxiety, panic attacks, phobias, social anxiety)
- Peri-natal and post-natal anxiety, depression and adjustment
- Infertility and miscarriage
- Parenting difficulties / stress
- Major life changes
- Grief and loss
- Stress, burn out or feeling overwhelmed
- Career and/or life dissatisfaction
- Relationship difficulties
- Issues around sexual and gender identity
- Low self-esteem and confidence