Joint Pain in Pregnancy
If you are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, then having your spine functioning well provides for a better outcome for both mum and bubs.
For expectant mums, keeping the pelvis, hips and low back aligned and in good working order, means pregnancy can be easier and with less discomfort. Optimal nutrition and health status is also vital to achieve better birth and baby outcomes.
Your newborn’s first months sets up their health for the rest of their lives.
Osteopaths can assess and treat:
- Lower Back Pain
- Hip and Pubic Pain
- Upper Back Pain and Headaches
- Foot/Ankle Problems
- Postural pain (e.g. breastfeeding positions)
- Pelvic floor restrengthening and waterworks issues
- Pre-labour exercises and stretches
- Nutrition Medicine advice
- Getting the pre-baby body back
- Fitting of stabilising compression pants
If you are pregnant, an Osteopath shoud be your preferred health practitioner and we would love to be involved in helping you have a successful and as ‘comfortable as possible’ pregnancy.
Osteopathy is safe for pregnant women and our specialised pregnancy bed caters for the 20wk+ expanding belly, so expecting mums can lay on their tummy comfortably.