Hemp and Fig Almond Butter Cookies
These hearty home-made cookies contain some essential nutrients for not only a healthy gut but also a healthy brain. The hemp seeds and flaxseeds are high in omega 3s, fiber and magnesium and almonds also are a good source of fiber and magnesium.Best enjoyed with vegan chocolate spread or berry jam, these cookies are perfect for a filling breakfast, midday snack or delicious dessert.
Serves 4 people; makes 12 cookies
½ cup brown rice flour
2 tbsp golden flaxseed, ground
2 tbsp brown flaxseed meal
4 tbsp hemp seeds
Pinch of sea salt
7 tsp monk fruit sweetener
½ cup almond butter
1/3 cup almond milk
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
6 dried figs, chopped into 1 cm bites
¼ cup vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 400F or 205C.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients. Add the wet ingredients (except the figs and choc chips) and combine well until the mixture is moist and holds together.
- Stir through the figs and choc chips. Shape the dough into cookies and place them on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. 12 minutes will leave them softer, 15 minutes will make them crunchier.
- Let them cool for 5 minutes and then enjoy. They will keep in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
Alternatively, these cookies can also be eaten raw. Instead of baking them in the oven, leave them in the fridge for 2 hours instead.Back to Blog