By Design Holistic Health, Osteopathy and Nutritional Medicine, established in the Yarra Valley in 2003, welcomes all people, where we passionately want your BEST health to be restored. When you see one of our practitioners - Your health is our specialty!
Currently, 3 Osteopaths are on staff, with David, Sheree and Jonathan willing to chat with you about any muscle, joint or other health problem. David joined us most recently (2010) and is dedicated to listening to you and finding health with direct, hands-on techniques, while incorporating postural, workplace, exercise and lifestyle advice.
Sheree is an experienced Osteopath who, with her friendly approach to your health and correct diagnosis of your health issue, will take you towards your BEST health. Sheree’s application of ‘hands-on’ treatments will ensure your body is in the best possible hands.
Jonathan, who established the business in 2003 sees the opportunity to combine Osteopathic treatment with specific nutritional and lifestyle advice. This holistic approach to YOUR health means a consultation with Jonathan is insightful, practical, therapeutic and will put you on the path to better health.
David, Sheree and Jonathan work as Osteopaths with these thoughts in mind:
- The idea of ‘by design’ recognises that we have been created with a purpose in mind, relating to our physical, psychological, spiritual and emotional wellbeing.
- The principle of ‘holistic’ encompasses the many facets of health that make up who we are, placing the person as priority, the sanctity of human life as paramount and our overall health is a function of many inter-related bodily workings.
- Our Holistic Health Osteopathic Medicine beliefs:
- The body is a unit. All parts are connected and operate in unison under optimal conditions.
- Structure and function are inter-related. When structure is aligned, the body’s amazing system can function properly, while a malfunctioning body part will create structural changes. Both must be treated to obtain health.
- The body’s cells tend towards self-healing when given the appropriate food/nutrition, adequate oxygen, regular exercise and anti-stress regimes. Oh, good genetics help too.
- Therefore the use of Osteopathic 'hands-on' therapies in conjunction with physical, emotional, psychological and spiritual advice given in a practitioner-patient consultation must be governed by the above principles to see the best health possible achieved.